With the finals tonight I just wanted to say GO SAWBLAZE! WIN IT ALLLLLLL!!!!! SLASH AND BURN!!!
BattleBots Thoughts: Drama Time!
With my bracket already prepared there are no more predictions to be made so I decided to instead talk about last week’s big drama! That’s right the Riptide v. Shatter fight, and more specifically Riptide itself. I want to start off by saying that even though I love Shatter(in my top 5) and really wanted them to beat Riptide I wasn’t able to lie to myself and say they actually had a chance sadly. So, the outcome wasn’t unexpected but this fight definitely solidified my massive dislike(some might even say hate) of Riptide. I was already super pissed at them for the completely unnecessary destruction of Captain Shrederator, like seriously they were on their back with no hope of flipping over and Riptide still felt the need to keep destroying them. Real dick move, even if they were trying to impress the selection committee, there’s still something called class and sportsmanship. People were calling Jake Ewert the new villain of BattleBots a few seasons ago because of his Huge catcher thing and saying stuff about sportsmanship. What Riptide did was way worse! So, I already was mad at Riptide and then they go and call Team Shatter paranoid even though they literally caught them breaking a rule?!?! It doesn’t matter if it was something innocent like putting decorations on the bot for the walkout, Team Shatter had every right to demand a re-weigh. And they had even more of a reason to demand re-testing after the bot magically weighs less! Like hello!! Where did that missing weight go? Also don’t get me started on that “handshake” Ethan “offered”, no self-respecting person would shake the hand of someone who just said the shit he did about them if they had a choice so I know that he did that just to try and make Adam look like a dick for not shaking his hand.
I would have 100000% done exactly the same thing that Adam did(especially after learning there was more drama in the pits), not only making sure everything was 100% fair but I too wouldn’t shake his hand. All of this is to say I love Shatter and hope with all hope that Riptide does not win.
This bracket is a combination of what I wish will happen and what I reasonably think will happen. So I don’t think everything will be right but all I care about is that Sawblaze wins!!!
BattleBots S07 E15: Predictions
Time for the final weekly predictions before the bracket!
Lucky vs. Cobalt
I’ve got to go with Cobalt in this fight. Though if Lucky gets in a good flip I could also see them winning.
Blip vs. Banshee
I have a feeling Blip might have the lower ground so I have to go with them.
Monsoon vs. Deathroll
Very tough decision but I have to choose Monsoon to win.
Tantrum vs. Whiplash
I have no idea who will win this so I’m just going to root for Whiplash to win.
Hijinx vs. Switchback
I’m not the biggest fan of Hijinx so I have to pick Switchback for this fight.
Slammo! vs. Double Tap
Since we haven’t seen much of Double Tap I have to go with Slammo since they have more experience.
Minotaur vs. Witch Doctor
This is going to be a crazy fight either way but I’m choosing Minotaur in this one.
Well this is my last week to get a 7 out of 7 so let’s keep our fingers crossed.
BattleBots S07 E14: Predictions
Time for another weeks predictions!
Starchild vs. Huge
I’m not sure how but I definitely think Huge will win this one.
Ominous vs. Shatter!
Battle of the Omi-wheels! As much as I like Ominous and want them to get a nice win Shatter’s in my top 5 bots so I have to root for them.
Triton vs. Horizon
Got to go with Triton with this one.
Bloodsport vs. Beta
This is a tough tough choice but I have to choose Beta. Although I can definitely see Bloodsport winning but I like Beta more.
Mammoth vs. Kraken
As much as I want Kraken to win I just can’t see them actually winning so I have to pick Mammoth in this fight.(but my heart will be rooting for Kraken)
Valkyrie vs. Glitch
With how iffy Valkyrie has been this season I definitely have to go with Glitch winning.
Black Dragon vs. Riptide
Now I have no idea who will win in this fight but I am 100% rooting for Black Dragon to win since Riptides has done some jerkish things this season. Plus I love when a team includes dragon in their name!
Well, here are my predictions. Maybe with the end of the qualifying round coming up I will finally get lucky and get that elusive 7 out of 7 this week?
BattleBots S07 E13: Predictions
I’m still sad about Sawblazes’ loss last week so maybe this week will make it up to me.
Emulsifier vs. Quantum
As much as I like Emulsifier I like Quantum more so I’ve got to root for them.
Gigabyte vs. End Game
Definitely End Game. If they don’t win it will be because of something crazy.
Shreddit Bro vs. Overhaul
I’m choosing Overhaul to win this fight.
Rotator vs. Fusion
This is this week’s tough one so I’m choosing randomly… Rotator.
Skorpios vs. Ribbot
I’ve obviously got to pick Skorpios since I’m a die-hard hammer saw bot fan.
Dragon King vs. Terrortops
Sorry Terrortops but I like dragons more then dinos so I’m choosing Dragon King.
Copperhead vs. Ripperoni
Ripperoni is pretty good but I think Copperhead has this in the bag.
BattleBots S07 E12: Predictions
I got 6 out of 7 correct last week so hopefully, I get a 7 out of 7 this week.
Lock-Jaw vs. Madcatter
There both really good bots but I have to choose Madcatter in this fight.
Gruff vs. Malice
I’ve got to pick Gruff for this fight.
Doomba vs. Dragon King
While I haven’t seen Dragon King fight yet I have to go with them in this fight since the only fight I’ve seen with Doomba did not go well for them at allll.
Claw Viper vs. Hypershock
As much as I enjoy Claw Viper(especially this season) I’ve got to call Hypershock in this fight.
Free Shipping vs. Big Dill
Not 100% sure but I feel like Big Dill has this one.
Shreddit Bro vs. Lucky
Lucky all the way.
Sawblaze vs. Hydra
Oh, the dreaded fight of my number 1 and number 2 favorite bots fighting. As much as I love them both I of course have to go with the bestest bot around SAWBLAZE!
Fingers crossed that I get every prediction right(especially that last one).
BattleBots S07 E11: Predictions
It’s finally back!!! Everything is right with the world and I can get back to doing predictions.
Black Dragon vs. Beta
This is a tough one because I want Beta to win but ultimately I think Black Dragon will win.
Cobalt vs. Overhaul
Switchback vs. Ominous
Another tough one so I’m going to go with the one that I want to win, Ominous.
Triton vs. Glitch
I want Triton to win so I going with them for this fight.
Gigabyte vs. Starchild
Here’s another awkward fight where I’m not sure how Gigabyte could win but since Starchild hasn’t been doing good I’m choosing Gigabyte this fight.
Jackpot vs. Captain Shrederator
I’m rooting for Jackpot in this fight.
Rotator vs. Bloodsport
Not sure who will win this one but I’m rooting for Bloodsport.
My Top 9 Bot Types
Last week, in replace of my weekly prediction I made a list of my top 10 favorite bots so this week I’m going to make a list of my favorite types of bots.
- HAMMER SAWS
- No surprise here considering who my favorite bot is. They’re just the perfect combination of offense and defense in one.
- This one also might not be a surprise too. I just can’t get enough of bots flying in the air.
- Every time a crusher gets a good bit on a bot I can’t stop myself from saying nom.
- They’re not as great as hammer saws but still pretty dang cool.
- FULL BODY SPINNERS
- This ones in the middle because I enjoy the chaos they bring to the box.
- I love the suplexes but at the same time not enough violence to be higher on the list.
- These are the bots that are unique design or don’t quite fit in one box or another. Like Huge, Horizon, Mammoth, and others. I like how the can cause some confusion in the box.
- I simply like how it can change.
- EVERYTHING ELSE
- Basically all of the bots that have some type of bar, drum, disc, etc. or vertical or horizontal, in my eyes they’re all basically the same type of bot just with a little few differences.
- While a lot of my favorite bots fall in this category there are just too many of this type of bot for it to be my favorite.
I know I could probably break down some of these bots into even more different categories but this is how my mind sees them right now. Also if I’ve missed a unique type of bot that doesn’t fit into the everything else category then sadly that means it’s not a favorite at all.
My Top 10 Bots!
Since there’s no new Battle Bots episode tonight I decided I’ll fill that Battle Bots-sized hole in my heart with my official top 10 favorite bots.
- If you’ve read any of my previous predictions then this one isn’t surprising. I just think it’s perfect in every way. Great defense, offense, and its got great style. Plus nothing can beat a dragon-headed blade! And of course, a very humble team is always a plus for me.
- I really like flippers and most agree that Hydra is the best flipper around so far. I also think it has a pretty nice theme.
- This might actually be a surprising one for some people but I really enjoy hammer bots and I love how fast Shatter is and I’m a pretty big sucker for omni-wheels. And I just can’t get enough of the iridescent pieces on it. (Style is very important to me as you might have guessed)
- I love the speed, the craziness, and as also the color scheme! I do have to admit that just a few years ago I wasn’t that big of a fan of the Hypershock team but they’ve really grown on me recently.
- It’s fast, great color scheme, and of course Matty Vasquez’s amazing driving! What more could you want?
- Quantum’s really become one of my tops this year. It just looks so cool and I can’t stop myself from saying “chomp” every time it bites into anything.
- DEEP SIX
- This is probably very shocking to a lot but they have a specific place in my heart after they made that huge divot in the Battle Bots floor.
- Kraken’s kind of like Quantum in the way that I love it when the bots look like they’re actually biting each other.
- What can I say I love me a hammer saw bot!
- Classy style and can pack a good punch, what more do you need.
Well, these are my top 10. I do have to say that depending on the day numbers 2-5 can sometimes switch but usually, they stay in that order.