Before I get into my thoughts on all of their remakes I first want to give my mini opinions on the ones I’ve seen so far.
- The Jungle Book= I kind of forgot about this one but it was a good remake.
- Beauty and the Beast= I enjoyed it.
- Aladdin= I loved it.
- The Lion King= I was a little disappointed but I was still pretty okay with it.
- Lady and the Tramp= This one was surprisingly good.
- Mulan= Complete shit! I was so angry with this one.
- Cruella= I quite liked this one.
With that out of the way time to get into the nitty-gritty. I am both semi-annoyed and kind of happy about the never-ending influx of live-action remakes. But recently I’ve started to think more along the lines of “Hey the original still exists so why not make a live-action and if it’s good that amazing and if not I can just never watch the new one again.” I was a little shocked when I heard they already want to do Moana(I definitely think it’s waaaaaay too soon for that one) but honestly, I don’t mind if they make more live actions especially if that means they’ll eventually make live actions of Treasure Plant and Atlantis! I would die for those to be remade! If they remade those two and they were on the level of Lion King I would be so happy. Now If they were on the level of Mulan that would be an entirely different story. But all of this is to basically say that I have gotten to the point of hating the thought of Disney doing another live-action.